8/20/2008

Mile High Cupcakes

I've always loved those bakery shop cupcakes with the frosting at least 3 inches high but yowza, that's a lot of frosting! So, I thought I'd share my secret with you for getting gorgeous looking cupcakes without worrying about a huge pile of frosting tipping over (or a huge pile of frosting in your kids' stomachs:)). Check out the video for an easy tutorial!

Mile High Cupcakes
Ingredients:
Your Favorite Cupcakes
Frosting
Ziploc Freezer Baggie (quart or gallon size)
Large Marshmallows
Sprinkles, etc. (optional)

Directions:
Place frosting in Ziploc bag and snip off bag corner to use as your "decorating bag". Adhere marshmallow to center of cupcake with a dab of icing. Starting at the base of the cupcake, make swirls around the marshmallow, following it to the top. Voila! A Mountain of Frosting! Decorate with sprinkles, etc.
Notes: when using baggies as decorating bags, make sure to use freezer bags. The regular storage bags will often break apart when decorating (learned from personal experience! ack!).

Holiday Playlist

My grandmother hasn't been doing well...to cheer her up, I rounded up a few of my musical friends and made an album of Holiday songs fo...